Leakage detection and the resulting repair restore energy efficiency, reduce pressure drop, and reduce the risk of product contamination. Various means are available to detect any leakage issues and to assess the need for continued monitoring, repair during planned maintenance, or immediate shutdown for repairs.
- Regular inspection with observation of changes in flow rate and pressure can detect leakage issues at an early stage.
- The new SPX FLOW Gappscan technology offers a unique method of accomplishing extremely precise leakage detection without the need for dismantling the heat exchanger. In specific applications, involving ammonia, glycol or other hazardous media, just one circuit of the heat exchanger can be drained to perform the test. The on-site inspection takes only a short time and can be performed as part of scheduled maintenance, thus avoiding unnecessary production loss. Significantly more sensitive than other technologies, SPX FLOW Gappscan has a sensitivity below 5 microns, and the pass/fail threshold is equivalent of a single 20 micron hole in the apparatus. SPX FLOW Gappscan is also an excellent means for leakage detection within double wall plate heat exchangers as well as tubular heat exchangers. To set up a test of your plate heat exchanger simply contact your local SPX FLOW APV contact.
READ MORE ABOUT GAPPSCAN
- Dye penetrant testing is a reliable method used for locating cracks and pinholes that are not visible to the naked eye. (See above picture)
- Download brochure: PHE Service Support
- Download brochure: Gappscan Leakage Detection
- Find your local contact