Pumps / Centrifugal Pumps
W+ Centrifugal pumps are designed to achieve lifetime cost savings, lower energy consumption.
We are here to help!
W+ - Advanced Design for Performance and Reliability
W+ centrifugal pumps from SPX FLOW are designed to achieve total cost optimization with high efficiency and product dependability. They are installed in countless process facilities around the world helping producers meet stringent
production requirements. The W+ Pump runs with the same rugged reliability you've come to expect from SPX FLOW products. Its versatile design helps increase process efficiency and maximize productivity while offering several innovative features such as:
- Reliable and heavy duty design
- Energy efficient
- Quiet performance with minimal vibration
- Superior shaft seal design
- High pressure capability
- Designed for CIP (Cleaning In Place) as well as SIP (Sterilizing In Place)
- Suitable for wide variety of food, beverage and pharmaceutical products
- Wide range of optional features available
- Easy and cost effective maintenance
- Internal seal design optimizes cooling and lubrication of seal surfaces while the seal chamber is built to efficiently dissipate heat. Both work to reduce risk of "dry-running"
- Directed flow assures thorough cleaning of seal area
- The stationary spring is located outside the product contact area to maintain cleanliness
- Two sizes cover all models
- Front loading seal simplifies maintenance: only the pump housing and impeller have to be disassembled, then the product seal faces can be replaced quickly from the front
- Can easily be rebuilt into a double mechanical shaft seal for use with water flushing or with a barrier medium for aseptic applications
- Double mechanical is mirror image of single: same seal faces and o-rings
- Flush seal
- Staionary seal face
- Rotating product seal face
The W+ pump series is based on a proven hydraulic design that promotes high operational efficiency and reduces noise and vibration levels while maintaining hygienic standards.
Low viscous fluids enter through the center inlet and flow around the impeller which turns at various speeds based on application requirements. The fluid then moves to the outer extents of the impeller vanes by centrifugal force and is directed through the outlet. As with other SPX FLOW centrifugal pumps, impeller and casing designs are optimized to perform more efficiently over a wide range of operating conditions. The casing and port are further designed to maximize performance under low NPSH conditions.
- 1 - Unique spiral volute positioned in the back plate of the pump ensures a direct transfer of liquid from inlet to outlet
- 2 - Advanced, high efficiency impeller design
- 3 - Extended outlets smooth transition to process piping while reducing turbulence and preventing product build-up
- 4 - Heavy walled pump casing insures that efficiency levels are maintained even at high pressure
Bakery and Confectionery
- Fats & Oils
- Yeast Slurry
- Sweetended Condensed
- RO/UF Systems
- Essential Oils
- Soap Liquors & Solutions
- Ammonium Nitrate
- Propyl Alcohol
- Potassium Chloride
- Sodium Acetate
The W+ range consists of several standard models with pressure and flow capacities to 360 psi (25 bar) and to 2,300 GPM (522 m3/hr), and a number of special versions which may be specifically adapted to customer requirements. The W+ pumps are modular so that any pumping job can be done with a perfectly customized W+ pump.