The Gerstenberg Schröder Perfector® 180 is a compact, high-capacity, high-pressure scraped surface heat exchanger designed for various high-viscosity applications within the Fats & Oils industry. It provides high crystallization performance, minimal downtime, and easy maintenance.
Perfector® 180 is designed to meet market demand for high-quality products as well as providing a low-cost production. With the Perfector® 180 you can produce everything from consumer margarine, industrial margarine, shortening and low fat spreads to recombined butter and butter blends.
Perfector® 180 consists of up to 6 chilling tubes and 4 individual cooling systems and uses Ammonia or Freon as the refrigerant. The design is robust, reliable and built to last in order to meet our customers’ wide-ranging product requirements. Additionally, our solutions comply with the full spectrum of certification demands.
Function and Principles of Operation
Crystallization takes place in the scraped surface heat exchanger (SSHE) which is the heart of the crystallization line.
The product is pumped into the chilling tubes in which it is cooled and crystallized. The scrapers in the rotor system are pressed against the chilling tube by constant centrifugal forces during rotation. This ensures a very efficient scraping of crystallized product from the interior tube surface, which is independent of product consistency.
To prevent the product from freezing up during production breaks, the Perfector® 180 is equipped with a built-in drop tank to remove the liquid refrigerant fast from the cooling jacket.
Up to 12.9 t/hour.
- Constant high product quality and consistency.
- Hygienic design suitable for the food industry. All product contacting parts are made in stainless steel AISI 316.
- Completely sealed, fully insulated, corrosion-free stainless steel casing guarantees years of trouble-free operation.
- Special, corrugated multi-layer chilling tubes for improved heat transmission value and prevention of internal build-up of compressor oil.
- The chilling tubes can easily be inspected and replaced.
- Optional rotor systems with scrapers in a selection of different materials depending on the application.
- The Bulldog scrapers can be inspected and replaced without removing the rotor which ensures less downtime.
- Each refrigerant circuit has a drop tank that enables prompt start-up and reduces downtime during production halts.
- Minimum downtime as CIP cycles are fast and efficient, and maintenance procedures are simple.
- The low energy motors and cast iron gear boxes yield maximum power while keeping noise levels to a minimum.