Heat Exchangers / Scraped Surface Heat Exchangers
Votator scraped surface heat exchangers have been replacing slow, inefficient batching operations with more uniform, controllable and repeatable continuous processing..
For more than 80 years, Votator® scraped surface heat exchangers have been replacing slow, inefficient batching operations with more uniform, controllable and repeatable continuous processing. The Votator® II incorporates the most popular features of the Thermutator® and Votator® lines, making it extremely easy to maintain.
The Votator® II and the Extra Heavy Duty Votator® II replace the Thermutator® and standard Votator® units, and is also available as a vertical unit.
- 3-A, ASME, and PED-Certified
Single and Double Mechanical Seals
- Greater material choices for various applications (ceramic, carbon, silicon carbide, and tungsten carbide)
- Available in standard and narrow faces
- Ease of maintenance and lower cost of ownership
- 100% PEEK™ - no filler or inserts
- Available in metal detectable version
Integral Gear Motor Drive
- Gear drive is directly coupled to the mutator shaft eliminating the need for a secondary drive shaft and bearing block
- Overall length of heat exchanger is reduced by 20 - 25%
- Easy to maintain and self-aligning
- Available with up to 30 horsepower for handling the most viscous products
Removable Heat Transfer Tube
- Can be serviced without disturbing hydraulic lifting system, utility piping, or the drive assembly
- Flange bolted to the jacket on the non-driven end, allows for quick removal
- Reliable double o-ring seal on each end eliminates the need for an expansion joint
Heat Transfer Area
- Units are available with up to 11 sq ft of heat transfer area (6 X 84)