The Gerstenberg Schröder Consistator® MD is a low-pressure scraped surface heat exchanger designed to heat or cool medium to high viscosity products with or without particles within the Processed Food industry. It provides high performance, minimal downtime, and easy maintenance.
The Consistator® MD is designed to meet market demand for high quality products with low cost production. With the Consistator® MD you can produce everything from caramel, chocolate products, cream fillings and jams to marinades, sauces and mayonnaise, not to mention a variety of other products that require thermal processing.
The Consistator® MD consists of a tube mounted in an insulated and completely sealed multi-purpose jacket of stainless steel, which can operate with a choice of media including Ammonia, Freon, cooling water, chilled water, brine, glycol, steam and hot water depending on the application. Different sizes of rotors enable processing of products with particles and solids. To meet individual needs and match the demands of today's production environments, the design is a flexible modular system for up to 6 units which can be mounted horizontally on a base frame (the base frame is not included). Additionally, our solutions comply with the full spectrum of certification demands.
The Consistator® MD is equipped with automatic regulation of the cooling and heating temperature in each individual tube.
Function and Principles of Operation
The product which is to be cooled or heated is pumped into the tube where a scraper rotor system continuously scrapes the product off the tube wall and at the same time mixes the product well and provides good heat transfer.
- Multi-purpose machine for a wide range of product qualities and consistencies.
- Hygienic design suitable for the food industry. Product contacting parts are made in stainless steel AISI 316.
- Customization, multiple options.
- Vertical & horizontal configurations.
- Special, corrugated, multi-layer chilling tubes for improved heat transmission value and prevention of internal build-up of compressor oil.
- The cylinders are manufactured in a special thin-walled material for optimal heat transfer (high K-values). These can be supplied in different materials depending on the application.
- Various rotor sizes depending on the application requirements which ensure an optimal heat transfer or an adjustment to the particle size.
- Heatable rotor to avoid product build-up when cooling/crystallizing products.
- Maximum trouble-free operation provided by a selection of a high-tech, double mechanical, cartridge type seals as well as wear-resistant scraper blade material.
- Cartridge design for fast and easy maintenance.
- Off-the-shelf SPX FLOW SIC/SIC sealing surfaces widely available.
- Aseptic production option.
- Flushable double mechanical seals for aseptic design or solidifying or abrasive product particles i.e. sugar
- Clip-on insulation for easy mounting/dismounting
- Short CIP/SIP time
- Easy maintenance
- Small footprint
- Low downtime
- Easily extendable with up to six units in a frame (horizontal version only)
- Fast delivery and installation