The Gerstenberg Schröder Kombinator 250S is a compact, high-capacity, high-pressure scraped surface heat exchanger designed for various high-viscosity applications within the Fats & Oils industry. It provides high crystallization performance, minimal downtime, and easy maintenance.
The Kombinator 250S is designed to meet market demand for high-quality, high-viscosity products with low production costs. With the Kombinator 250S you can produce everything from margarine, shortening and low fat spreads to butter and butter blends, not to mention a variety of other products that require thermal processing.
The Kombinator 250S consists of up to 4 chilling tubes and individual cooling systems and uses Ammonia or Freon as the refrigerant. Each tube is equipped with automatic temperature regulation for accurate adjustment of the cooling temperature. The design is robust, reliable and built to last in order to meet our customers’ wide ranging product requirements. Additionally, our solutions comply with the full spectrum of certification demands.
Function and Principles of Operation
The crystallization takes place in the scraped surface heat exchanger (SSHE) which is the heart of the crystallization line.
The product is pumped into the chilling tubes in which it is cooled and crystallized. The scrapers in the rotor system are pressed against the chilling tube by constant centrifugal forces during rotation. This ensures very efficient scraping of the crystallized product from the interior tube surface, which is independent of product consistency:
Up to 11,2 t/hour.
- Constant high product quality and consistency.
- Hygienic design suitable for the food industry. All product contacting parts are made in stainless steel AISI 316.
- Completely sealed, fully insulated, corrosion-free stainless steel casing guarantees years of trouble-free operation.
- Special, corrugated, multi-layer chilling tubes provide long, cost-effective uptime and improved heat transmission value, and prevent internal build-up of compressor oil.
- Chilling tubes can be easily inspected and replaced.
- Automatic regulation of the cooling and heating temperature in each individual tube for accurate temperature profile control of the product.
- Different diameters adapt to the required holding time and flow speed.
- All rotors are equipped with separate motors to adapt the scraping rate to the viscosity and product to obtain the best heat transfer results.
- Different rotor shaft speeds are possible as each shaft is driven by a separate gear motor.
- Wide range of scrapers in different materials and shaped for best cooling results depending on viscosity and application formula.
- Pin rotor machine can be mounted on top of the GS Kombinator® to minimize floor space.
- Minimum downtime as CIP cycles are fast and efficient, and maintenance procedures are simple.
- The low energy, cast iron gear box yields maximum power while keeping noise levels to a minimum.