Heat Exchangers / Scraped Surface Heat Exchangers
The Gerstenberg Schröder Perfector® 150 is a compact, medium-capacity, high-pressure scraped surface heat exchanger designed exclusively for the chilling of semi-liquid fillings such as shortening and soft table margarine. It provides high crystallization performance, minimal downtime, and easy maintenance.
Perfector® 150 is designed to meet market demands for high-quality products combined with low-cost production. With the Perfector ® 150 you can produce everything from consumer margarine, industrial margarine, shortening and low fat spreads to butter blends for semi-liquid filling.
Perfector® 150 consists of up to 6 chilling tubes and up to 4 individual cooling systems and uses Ammonia or Freon as the refrigerant. The design is robust, reliable and built to last in order to meet our customers’ wide ranging product requirements. Additionally, our solutions comply with the full spectrum of certification demands.
Function and Principles of Operation
Crystallization takes place in the scraped surface heat exchanger (SSHE) which is the heart of the crystallization line.
The product is pumped into the chilling tubes in which it is cooled and crystallized. The scrapers in the rotor system are pressed against the chilling tube by constant centrifugal forces during rotation. This ensures a very efficient scraping of crystallized product from the interior tube surface, which is independent of product consistency.
To prevent the product from freezing up during production breaks, the Perfector® 150 is equipped with a build-in drop tank to remove the liquid refrigerant fast from the cooling jacket.
Up to 15 t/hour.
- Constant high product quality and consistency.
- Hygienic design suitable for the food industry. All product contacting parts are made in stainless steel AISI 316.
- Completely sealed, fully insulated, corrosion-free stainless steel casing guarantees years of trouble-free operation.
- Special, corrugated multi-layer chilling tubes for improved heat transmission value and prevention of internal build-up of compressor oil.
- The chilling tubes can easily be inspected and replaced.
- Optional rotor systems with scrapers in a selection of different materials depending on the application.
- Each refrigerant circuit has a drop tank that enables prompt start-up and reduces downtime during production halts.
- Minimum downtime as CIP cycles are fast and efficient, and maintenance procedures are simple.
- The low energy motors and cast iron gear boxes yield maximum power while keeping noise levels to a minimum.