Nexus - Pilot Plant For Fat Crystallization - Small Scale Scraped Surface Heat Exchangers
Systems / Crystallization
The Gerstenberg Schröder Nexus Pilot Plant is a highly flexible, modular system designed to test various high-viscosity applications within the Dairy, Fats & Oils and Processed Foods industries. It gives you the opportunity to process small-scale samples under exactly the same conditions as those generated in large-scale production facilities.
The Nexus Pilot Plant is designed for high efficiency and low energy consumption using environmentally friendly and highly-efficient CO2 as refrigerant.
Nexus pilot plant consists of several individual skid mounted modules. All modules are completely piped, wired, and tested.
The core module is a highly flexible module based on a table design with up to 4 positions for SSHE and pin rotor machines, using CO2 as refrigerant. Nexus SSHE pilot plant is provided with a built-in CO2 compressor unit. The system also includes a SCADA system with a built-in touch screen interface.
Add-on tables for separate pin rotor machines, inverters, and resting tubes are available.
Furthermore, modules like a skid mounted 2-tank batching system, a pilot high pressure pump, pasteurizer- and rework-skids, SSHE for cold water and steam (BGS) are available. The skidded emulsifying system Nexus Pilot ERS is available for processed food products.
The flexible connection pipes which combine the various units and modules are easy to mount and dismount. It facilitates fast set-up alterations according to processing or application changes.
Function and Principles of Operation
Crystallization takes place in the scraped surface heat exchanger (SSHE) which is the heart of the crystallization line.
The product is pumped into the chilling tubes where it is cooled and crystallized. The scrapers in the rotor system are pressed against the chilling tube by constant centrifugal forces during rotation. This ensures that the crystallized product is very efficiently scraped from the interior tube surface.
- The flexible modular system makes Nexus pilot plant ideal for heating, cooling, crystallizing, and emulsifying of various kinds of dairy, fats & oils and processed food products.
- The pilot plants are easy to scale-up and give you the opportunity to process small-scale samples under exactly the same conditions as those generated in large-scale production facilities.
- Completely piped, wired, and factory tested including SCADA system and operator panel for plug-and-play start-up.
- The flexible connection pipes which combine the various units are easy to mount and dismount and facilitates fast set-up alterations according to processing or application changes.
- Optimized and streamlined design allows for easy cleaning and maintenance of all parts which decreases downtime.
- This highly flexible SSHE unit utilizes environmentally friendly and highly efficient CO2 as refrigerant, which offers better heat transfer and a low energy consumption compared to Ammonia and Freon.
- Butter spreads
- Recombined butter
- Pastry butter
Fats & Oils Industry
- Bakery filling cream (fat-sugar creams)
- Cake and cream margarine
- In-house shortening
- Low fat spreads
- Puff pastry margarine
- Table margarine
Processed Food Industry
- Chocolate filling
- Chocolate spread
- Milk rice
- Rice pudding