The Gerstenberg Schröder Perfector Pilot Plant is a highly flexible modular system designed for testing a variety of high-viscosity applications within the Dairy, Fats & Oils and Processed Foods industries. It gives you the opportunity to process small-scale samples under exactly the same conditions as those generated in large-scale production facilities.
It is designed to use Ammonia or Freon as the refrigerant.
Perfector pilot plant consists of several individual skid mounted modules. All modules are completely piped, wired, and tested.
The core module is a highly flexible module based on a table design with up to 4 positions for the scraped surface heat exchanger (SSHE) and pin rotor machines, using Ammonia or Freon as the refrigerant, and can be provided with a skidded Ammonia or Freon compressor. The system also includes a MCC and SCADA system with a built-in touch screen interface.
Add-on tables for separate pin rotor machines, inverters, and resting tubes are available.
Furthermore, modules like a skid mounted 2-tank batching system, a pilot high pressure pump, pasteurizer- and rework-skids, SSHE for cold water and steam (BGS) are available.
The flexible connection pipes which combine the various units and modules are easy to mount and dismount which facilitates fast set-up alterations according to your processing or application changes.
Function and Principles of Operation
Crystallization takes place in the scraped surface heat exchanger (SSHE) which is the heart of the crystallization line.
The product is pumped into the chilling tubes where it is cooled and crystallized. The scrapers in the rotor system are pressed against the chilling tube by constant centrifugal force during rotation. This ensures that the crystallized product is very efficiently scraped from the interior tube surface.
30-150 kg/hour per tube depending on the application
- Flexible modular system makes Perfector pilot plant ideal for heating, cooling, crystallizing, and emulsifying of various kinds of dairy, fats & oils and processed food products.
- Pilot plants are easy to scale-up and give you the opportunity to process small-scale samples under exactly the same conditions as those generated in large-scale production facilities.
- Completely piped, wired, and factory tested including the SCADA system and operator panel for plug-and-play start-up.
- Flexible connection pipes which combine the various units are easy to mount and dismount and facilitate fast set-up alterations according to processing or application changes.
- Optimized and streamlined design allows for easy cleaning and maintenance of all parts which decreases downtime.
- Butter spreads
- Recombined butter
- Pastry butter
Fats & Oils Industry
- Bakery filling cream (fat-sugar creams)
- Cake and cream margarine
- In-house shortening
- Low fat spreads
- Puff pastry margarine
- Table margarine
Processed Food Industry
- Chocolate filling
- Chocolate spread
- Milk rice
- Rice pudding